Re: Structure Plans?

  • EANDPNG@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 14, 2001
      Herman Darr showed me plans for the Grass Valley depot that will soon be
      published in the Craftsman. From what I understand they plan to do a series
      of articles on Grass Valley like they did for Nevada City and Chicago Park.
      Greg Maxwell
    • Curtis S. Ferrington
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 15, 2001
        "From what I understand they plan to do a series of articles on Grass
        Valley like they did for Nevada City and Chicago Park."

        Would anyone on the list "just happen" to know in which issues the
        Nevada City & Chicago Park serieses appeared, for us RMC Subscription
        Impaired people. :-)

        Thank you,
        Curtis F.

        --- In NCNGRR@y..., EANDPNG@A... wrote:
        > Herman Darr showed me plans for the Grass Valley depot that will
        soon be
        > published in the Craftsman. From what I understand they plan to do
        a series
        > of articles on Grass Valley like they did for Nevada City and
        Chicago Park.
        > Greg Maxwell
      • John Christensen
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 15, 2001
          Hi Curtis,
          The Nevada City article by Darr is in the September 1984 issue of Railroad
          Model Craftsman.

          John Christensen

        • EANDPNG@AOL.COM
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 15, 2001
            The Nevada City articles were in RMC Aug, Sept, 84. The Chicago Park article
            was in March, 91.
            Greg Maxwell
          • Curtis S. Ferrington
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 16, 2001
              Greg, John,

              Thank you. Now the hunt for back issues begins!

              If I ever get around to building a 2.5" scale live steam NGNG #1 It
              would be great (insert pipe dream here) to have a 2.5" scale Grass
              Valley or Nevada City shops to park it in. :-)

              Thanks,

              Curtis F.

              ----

              John,

              While I was visiting the #5 some weeks ago Ken mentioned that the
              Northern Queen Inn's little 0-4-0 was out of comission due to stay
              problems with it's copper boiler.

              Robert Williams, a good frined, gave me contact information of a Mr.
              Godfery A Human who also has a 2' gauge 0-4-0 Henschel here in
              California and he know all about Copper boilers and how to get them
              fixed. Feel free to pass his address onto someone at the NQI.

              Godfery A Human
              8620 Holmes Road
              Gerber, CA 96035-9626

              ----

              PS. A while ago someone contacted me off list about me making some
              NCNG Baldwin Work Order copies & you had info about some NPC "Sonoma"
              drawings. I've lost your contact information, please E-mail me
              again. I'm not rude, just damn forgetful.

              Thime@...

              --- In NCNGRR@y..., EANDPNG@A... wrote:
              > The Nevada City articles were in RMC Aug, Sept, 84. The Chicago
              Park article
              > was in March, 91.
              > Greg Maxwell
            • John Christensen
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 16, 2001
                Hi Curtis,
                If you want a copy of the Nevada City article I have one that I can send
                you. Just give me your address and I will shoot it off to you.
                John C