840Re: Hopper #1001

  • cmestel2000
    Jan 9, 2014
      Hi Andrew;
      Thanks for the reply.  The problem is that Herman did not do a drawing of the car so I have nothing to go by.
      In a message dated 1/9/2014 4:13:43 P.M. Mountain Standard Time, andrew.brandon@... writes:

      The car was originally built for the SG gravel spur along the bear river, part of a series of cars that were operated there. When those operations ended, two of the cars were put on NG trucks and used to haul ballast for the railroad and an online customer (I forget which customer this was exactly, but I can look that up when I am home later). Gravel used by this car was loaded from around the south side of the Bear River Viaduct where a cable system was used to haul gravel up from the river bed.

      I am unsure of the dimensions, Herman Darr may have done a drawing.

      -=Andrew Brandon=-

      On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 2:25 PM, <clifmestel@...> wrote:

      Is there any information of the size measurements of the Hopper #1001?
      Clifford A. Mestel
      Trout Creek Engineering

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic