New Basalt history is out!

(824)
  • Seth Bramson
    Sep 8, 2013 Expand Messages

      Friends:

      Even though our great list deals with NCNG and is not Colorado-based, I know that no few of you are still interested in the railroads of Colorado and I am, therefore, delighted--and honored--to advise you all that the new Arcadia "Images of America" Series book "Basalt" has just come out.

      A wonderful history of the area, laden with great photographs, many of them
      provided by no few of you (thank you all!) as well as marvelous info, also
      provided by so many of you, the book is a fine look at the history of one of
      the most interesting places in Colorado.

      Included in the images are photos of the Glenwood Springs and Aspen depots
      as well as a page from a Colorado Midland passenger timetable showing the service to
      Basalt.

      I am, of course, "extra proud" as the author of the book is none other than
      my brother, Bennett A. Bramson and you can order the book from him (his
      email address above), from Arcadiapublishing.com or on amazon.com or bn.com (Barnes & Noble) but if you
      get it from Bennett he will be delighted to inscribe it for you.

      Hope you get to see--and enjoy--it.

      Cordially,
      Seth