793Sierra Narrow Gauge Conference presented by NCNGRR Museum

  • dennisb60
    Jan 30, 2013
      I would like to announce the first ever 4 day "SIERRA NARROW GAUGE CONFERENCE"
      to be hosted by the Nevada County Narrow Gauge RR Museum and co-hosted by the
      Southern Pacific Narrow Gauge Historical Society.
      The conference will include presentations relating to various Narrow Gauge lines
      that once roamed the foothills and high mountain ranges of the Sierra
      Nevada's.
      Through day and evening presentations conducted by railroad historians as well
      as hands on narrow gauge equipment we will explore a selection of narrow gauge
      lines, their history, equipment, locations, and the people that kept it all on
      track.
      Other activities include a restoration fund raising BBQ, raffle, and an
      authentic "ALL" Westside Lumber Company train led by fully restored Westside
      Plymouth #1 with some yard switching included.

      WHEN: Tuesday June 18th – Friday the 21st. (weekends are very busy in Nevada
      County and hotels are much cheaper during the week)
      LOCATION: Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum located at 5 Kidder Ct.
      Nevada City, Ca.

      We have blocked rooms at local Hotels at a group discount rate. Please book your
      rooms directly with the Hotel itself. See the registration form for information
      on hotels.

      I HAVE ATTACHED IN THE FILES SECTION OF THIS YAHOO SITE A COPY OF THE
      REGISTRATION FORM WITH FURTHER INFORMATION UNDER SIERRA NG CONFERENCE.

      Please check out the Museum at ncngrrmuseum.org The museum has a large
      selection of NG equipment in various stages of restoration.

      All proceeds from the Sierra NG Conference will go towards the restoration of NG
      equipment at the Museum.

      For further information check out www.ncngrrmuseum.org or e-mail John
      Christensen, Andrew Brandon, or Dennis Burke at sierrang@...

      Thank you,
      Dennis Burke,
      President, SPNGHS Inc.

      CONFIRMED PRESENTATIONS TO DATE:
      John Christensen- Introduction to the NCNGRR Museum
      John Christensen- Restoration of NG rolling stock
      Andrew Brandon- NCNGRR, the 1st year
      Andrew Brandon- NG equipment color schemes
      Herman Darr- NCNGRR History Part 1
      Herman Darr- NCNGRR History Part 2
      Jerry Blackwell- Bliss & His Lake Tahoe RR
      Nelson Van Gundy- Sierra Nevada Wood & Lumber Company
      Nelson Van Gundy- Hobart Estate Company Logging RR
      Art Kauppi- Westside Lumber History
      Dave Connery- Westside Lumber Trestles/ modeling the Westside trestles
      Ed Siecker- Westside Lumber/ Pickering maps
      Stan Kistler- Westside Lumber, a collection of photos
      Mark Francis- Empire City Railway
      Paul Beckstrom- Swayne Lumber Company
      Paul Beckstrom- Mich. Cal Lumber
      Roger Staab- Towle Brothers
      Kyle Wyatt- San Joaquin & Sierra Nevada
      Chris Dewitt- The Glenbrook, History & Restoration
      Jim Vail- Hon3 modeling
      Randy Hees- Carter flats
      Dan Markoff- Discussion-Eureka & Palisade #4 / Hobart Estate #5, and more
      Dennis Burke- Diamond & Caldor RR