79Bear River Bridge

  • Allen Tacy
    Apr 3, 2001
      The original bridge at Bear River was a deck Howe truss with a
      cluster pier supporting the spans. The company which built this
      bridge was the same one that built the similarly designed Browns
      Canyon bridge of the North Pacific Coast in 1876.

      I've done a lot of research to come up with a scale drawing of the
      NPC bridge. I'm wondering if someone has researched the Bear River
      bridge and we could compare notes? I rather suspect the two are
      pretty much the same. Maybe some of the details could be clarified.

      Allen Tacy
      NWP RR HS
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic