767Re: NCNG in HOn3

  • Aaron
    Jun 2, 2012
      Jim, Alan, and Steve,

      Thanks for the responses!

      Steven's Creek's little depot looks very nice, and I hope I can get my hands on one once RS Laser does a re-print. It's actually a model of the original depot which was at Chicago Park's first location along the original line. The good news is after the main line re-location, this depot was moved to Peardale and used as maint of way shed up until the end, so it can still work well for me if I expand.

      I'm thinking I'll need to scratch build "the last" Chicago Park depot as Alan suggested. This is the depot that's pictured in 99% of the photos. I think BTS's Branch Line Water Tank is close enough, but so many pics have been taken of the depot that I'd like to make it as close as possible. I've even considered working with a laser cutting manufacturer to have a bunch made up, but I'm not sure how much of an endeavor that would be.

      Any idea on Grass Valley Depot? That's going to be the tough one...

      BTW, it's good to hear from you guys again. With a recent downsize/move, I've decided to get out the HOn3 again and build something I've always been passionate about. Now, if I can only get those guys at Blackstone to produce some NCNG locos... Ha!

      Take care, Aaron Splawn (Roseville, Ca)

      --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "Aaron" <aaronsplawn@...> wrote:

      > Greetings all!
      >
      > I'm getting ready to start a small NCNG layout project in Hon3. It will be similar to Bill Iwan's "My Narrow Gauge Circle"; however, I've drawn it to feature Chicago Park on one side and Grass Valley on the other. I have a few NCNG pieces of rolling stock, including the #9, Standard Oil tank cars, and an awesome Swayne Plow built by Andrew Brandon, but I was curious what structure kits are/were available, or would be close to the buildings in the two areas I'd like to model. Any ideas, or direction would be great.
      >
      > Take care, Aaron Splawn (Roseville, Ca)

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic