    Subject: Where Was the Glenbrook Carbarn? (NC Traction Co.)
    Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 16:09:18 -0700
    From: Win Rogers <wordspinner@...>
    To: marnells@..., ncngrr@egroups.com

    The Marnells map asks this question in a green-and-white box placed
    behind the Fowler Center in the Brunswick Basin. I live off Glenwood
    Road, which winds from Nevada City Hwy up to the edge of the Eskaton
    property.

    There was a meeting at Dave's Van and Storage/Bekins Van Lines (303
    Glenwood Road) a few years ago. The owner, who hosted the meeting,
    talked about the history of his property. I believe he mentioned that
    it was a car barn at one point. The low brick building that backs onto
    Glenwood Road may date from that time. (The green-and-white box looks
    as if it is exactly over the Bekins site!)
  • Show all 2 messages in this topic