723Re: Outside Brace Box Cars?

  • dennisivison
    Jan 25, 2010
      Andrew,

      Thank you, my Gazettes only go back to 2003, but Montage has that back-issue, so one is now on its way.

      On another note, I modelled in N-scale (Espee) for 35 years before my switch to O-scale NG 2 years ago, and have learned that MR is a lot more fun with friends. I've hosted a monthly operating session for about 15 years, and several Open Houses. So, if any of you are ever going to be in my neighborhood drop me an e-mail and you're welcome to come over and run trains. I live about 10 minutes from Disneyland.

      Dennis

      --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Brandon <andrew.brandon@...> wrote:

      > The car you're referring to is Boxcar 32, it was one of a kind. From what I
      > recall, the car was built with outside bracing originally but later received
      > sheething like the rest of the boxcar fleet. The how when and why I do not
      > have in front of me. In any case it is one of the first, if not the first,
      > boxcar built by the Grass Valley shops and according to Herman should be 26'
      > long. There was an article by Jim Vail wherein he built a model of this car
      > which contained a little information about it.
      >

      > Vail, Jim, "Two HOn3 Nevada County Narrow Gauge Boxcars," Narrow Gauge and
      > Short Line Gazette, November/December 1999, 76-79. A sctratchbuilding
      > article on constructing a 26' outside framed NCNG box car in HOn3. Includes
      > a drawing of car #32 as an outside framed car and a reprint of Herman Darr's
      > drawing of the 1930's version of the NCNG's 26' box cars (NCNG-6, 1982
      > version).
      >
      > -=Andrew Brandon=-
      > http://www.pacificng.com

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic