      From: loosecaboose1 <loosecaboose1@...>
      Subject: <NevadaCoNG> West Side Block Car "B".
      To: NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, November 30, 2009, 10:44 PM

      Well---I'm feeling chatty tonight so I thought I would give anyone who will listen some of my thoughts on future restoration projects at the NCNG museum. As you may have noticed, I'm kind of into the West Side cars right now before they all dry up and blow away. I've always wanted to see a nice logging train display at the museum since there was so many logging railroads in our area. The only Tolle Brothers equipment that we have are the truss rods on my caboose that I'm aware of. Anyway, in 1986 I purchased both block cars A & B from the WS&CVRR. The hardware and trucks on the caboose is from block car A. Both cars were falling apart but when I scrapped them for parts I held onto much of block car B's metal parts to include trucks, truss rods and most of the belt iron that support the car. I also have the handles and most of the door retaining rods. None of the small doors survived and the ones I kept for patterns disappeared while at the old city yard where we initially gave engine #5 it's first face lift since it had returned from the Universal. Fortunately I have the some of the strap iron from the A car which can be used for the door hinges. I like odd cars and I think this is one of them that should be rebuilt someday. Any thoughts on this one gang! John Christense

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic