688Re: Chicago Park Fruit Shed

  • gauge18rr
    May 10, 2009
      Okay Andrew,
      Does anyone have drawings? Do you know how much it was rebuilt? Is there a good overall photo from the railroad era? I only recall shots that show the loading dock.
      If walls remain in original locations, there has to be some value. I thing there are a handful of footings still in place from the loading dock.
      Thanks-
      O.

      --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Brandon <andrew.brandon@...> wrote:

      > Olin,
      >
      > Any traces of the fruit shed are likely long gone now, the building
      > has been being rebuilt over the past few months into a larger
      > building. Keep in mind previously the only parts that survived were a
      > section of the roof and possibly a wall that had been rebuilt. There
      > was never enough to get a good drawing, Herman Darr may have some
      > info. Another source could be the valuation maps, it seems that my
      > copies I had made are not clear enough to read, I will see about
      > digging that info up.
      >
      > -=Andrew Brandon=-

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic