678Re: Chicago Park depot (HO)

  • kenlunders
    Mar 12, 2009

      Thanks for your kind comments regarding my Chicago Park kit. The kit, as offered, is not a mirror image. Much of the source material used in developing the kit was provided via Bill Schaumburg of RMC. As peripheral material! My primary interest was in the Buena Vista/Peardale station. Serendipity was at work, no doubt.

      There has been little interest in the kit, and that throws doubt on producing others based on NCNG prototypes. At least in the near term. I had hoped that the review of the kit in RMC would boost interest, but the modeler who did the job, IMO anyway, made it look so unappealing even I wouldn't want to buy one. So it goes...

      Ken Lunders
      Stevens Creek Models

      --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "carcrazy832" <Elainebooth530@...> wrote:
      > At least Stevens Creek Models has produced or announced a few NCNG models. The original Chicago Park depot is a beautiful kit (though in studying photos it looks to me like the model may be a mirror image - does anyone know?). And they have announced plans to produce the Nevada City and Peardale depots and the NCNG caboose in laser wood kits. I will purchase each as they become available.
      > Brian
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic