663Re: Bear River Bridge

    Jan 9, 2009
      For my N-scale model I used ME bridge flextrack and lived with it.
      Considering that the bridge was designed to accomodate conversion to
      standard gauge, common dimension might apply. The other approach
      would be to scale from photos. Pictures on pages 88 and 149 of
      Best's book (although the latter is of the Long Ravine viaduct)
      should be of help.

      Doug Stuard
      Reston VA

      --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "jlkirk58" <JlKirk58@...> wrote:

      > Hi Group,
      >
      > I have been trying, without much success, to locate the three tie
      > lengths that were used on the Bear River Bridge.
      >
      > Has anyone any plans on the three lengths, the spacing or the sizes
      of
      > the ties? The photo story in RMC on member Dick Robert's model was
      > great but didn't include any plans from the steel up.
      >
      > I have noticed there is great information on the steelwork, and I
      have
      > finished that (through the generosity of Tom Towner) but now need
      some
      > help to continue...
      >
      > Joel Kirk

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic