607Re: New Member

  • flobarchetti
    May 12, 2008
      Tony,

      when you are looking for information about NCNG and particular the
      whaleback tender of No. 8, "The 2007 Narrow Gauge Annual", "The 2007
      Modelers Annual" and "The 2008 Narrow Gauge Annual" published by
      Westlake are a must have. The 2007 Modelers Annual features the
      drawing of the whaleback tender made by Al Armitage besides a couple
      of photos of No.8 and a lot of drawings of other rolling stock. The
      other Annuals are very good source for photos of the NCNG in general.
      (Some of them never published before)

      Not to mention G. Best's "Nevada County Narrow Gauge" book that
      provides a load of photos and history as well.

      Hope my informations are helpful

      Florian

      Almost forgot - an other post mentions a drawing of No.7 made by Ed
      Gebhardt. Although the whaleback tender was attached to No.7 for a
      while, this drawing shows the tender that came from No.6 and is quite
      unique in design.

      --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "trw1089" <trweber@...> wrote:

      > Hi all
      >
      > I'm a new member to the Yahoo group and have a growing interest in the
      > NCNG and am currently building/kitbashing a G gauge model of NCNG
      > No.8. I've managed to find quite a few good photos of the old girl,
      > but am really after some good drawings if anyone knows of them,
      > especially of the tender.
      >
      > If anyone knows of a magazine or web link or even has an electronic
      > version they would be willing to share, feel free to contact me.
      >
      > Cheers
      > Tony

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic