603Re: Passenger Car Questions...

  • Dennis Ivison
    May 8, 2008
      Andrew,

      Thanks once again for your help. What a color range. I'd love to have
      a copy of that video, I've seen it mentioned here several times. Was
      it ever done on DVD? I've heard that the museum may have copies and
      plan on checking it out on my next trip up from So Cal.

      Dennis

      --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Brandon" <andrew.brandon@...>
      wrote:

      > Dennis,
      >
      > I have not dug up any real solid evidence on the colors of the
      coaches
      > myself except for the following.
      > The original coaches appear to have possibly been some shade of
      yellow
      > with contrasting trim (a brown is likely).
      > After about the turn of the century I am leaning towards a green,
      > however I suspect the green would be similar to what the SP was
      > painting their cars at the time. In later years the passenger
      > equipment that came from the SP would have been Tuscan as shown in
      the
      > color NCNG video footage if you are lucky enough to have it. Sadly
      as
      > I have put my book on hold for the time being I hadn't gotten around
      > to digging up info on the passenger cars, being at work I don't have
      > access to my research materials but I will see if I can find
      anything
      > else later this evening.
      >
      > Hopefully someone has better insight than I do.
      >
      > -Andrew-

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic