594Re: Passenger Car Questions...

  • Dennis Ivison
    May 5, 2008
      First, I wanted to thank everyone for your kind help with my ballast
      color question. Our internet was down for awhile (ATT line service) so
      I could not get back to thank everyone. However, it was kind of a
      blessing because it did get me out into the train room more often, so
      I've made quite a bit of progress on the layout.

      I hope that no one minds me dredging up an old inquiry. I was trying to
      search for "coach colors" and found Keith's question in the archives.
      Based on his question and the pictures of the NCNGRR model RR at the
      fairgrounds I would have to put my money on the coaches being a shade
      of green, as opposed to the Tuscan color of the coach at the NCNG
      Museum. Unfortunately the museum was closed when I came up for a visit,
      so I could not ask anyone there.

      I would appreciate it if anyone could shed some light on what color the
      passenger equipment was during the 1910 to 1925 period?

      Thank you,
      Dennis

      --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, "kejwa <keith@...>" <keith@...> wrote:

      > Any concensus as to the color of the passenger cars near the end of
      > operations? Were they a darker green similar to D&RGW or were they a
      > lighter "coach" green?
      >
      > As for the lettering:
      >
      > Were the letters white or gold?
      >
      > What font type were the letters?