555Re: Nevada County Narrow Gauge Museum building new steam locomotive - Trains Mag

    May 22, 2007
      Doug,

      Its funny 35,000 is over about half of what it would have cost to get #5 a
      new boiler.. Had someone thought to go that route the last NCNG steam
      locomotive would be on her way to being operational. Instead some people
      have felt it a good idea to spend said money building a contraption that
      "may" run. Silly projects like this are why I gave up restoration work and
      went back to working on my NCNG book and doing research for other groups out
      there.

      I commend the boys at the museum for their hard work and dedication, despite
      my objections.

      -=Andrew=-