      From: NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com [mailto:NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
      Andrew Brandon
      Sent: Saturday, July 29, 2006 12:04 PM
      To: NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: <NevadaCoNG> Color Question

      Based on a conversation I had with Herman Darr a while ago, the NCNG painted
      their boxcars an oxide red, I don't know how to describe the shade off hand
      but it was very red in the later years. In the NCNG's early years there is
      no known data on the color but since their earliest rolling stock was from
      the Carter Brothers a safe assumption is to go with a tuscan red for the
      period from 1876-1900 and the oxide red from 1901 on.

      -Andrew-