382Re: An introduction and some questions

  • Randy Brown
    Jul 2, 2005
      --- In NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com, Aaron Splawn <aaronsplawn@y...> wrote:
      Hi Aaron,
      Thanks for the warm welcome.

      > Welcome Randy! I too am new to the group, but have modeled and
      collected NCNG stuff for a long time. I think you will discover that
      the NCNG has a lot to offer. Not only can you still capture mountain
      railroading with deep canyons and tall trestles, but you can also
      model numerous industries, along with city streets with victorian
      homes.

      **Sounds like the NCNG is right down my alley.

      > I model in Hon3 and would love to see some kits produced. Chicago
      Park station would be awesome... It's already been done in O scale,
      but I'm not aware of one in HO. The engine house in Nevada City
      would be another great, and simple kit.

      **I have sent to Underground Press for their plans listing. I will
      look at the various drawings and let you know if these projects are
      do-able.

      > As for maps, Herman Darr sketched out a set of maps a few years
      ago. They show the main line and the spurs in relation to todays
      roads. They're great for goin out and chasing the old right-of-way.

      **Great. These may also be available from Underground Press.

      > Hope this helps, Aaron

      **Good start.
      Any ideas on my other questions
      * What size rail was primarily used on the NCNG?
      * When did the nice herald with the track between the trees come into
      being?

      Thanks,

      Randy Brown
      Arrowhead Scale Models
      P.O. Box 53
      Randsburg, CA. 93554
      Check out my E-Bay Store at:
      http://stores.ebay.com/Arrowhead-Scale-Models

      > Randy Brown <asmtrains@j...> wrote:
      > Hi all,
      > Name's Randy Brown.
      >
      > I have been model railroading since 1964.
      SNIP
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic