267Re: Re: Bear River bridge progress report

  • John Teall
    Feb 20, 2004
      --- Andrew Brandon <abrandon@...> wrote:
      > Doug,
      >
      > The bridge he was referring to was the first BRB, he
      > probably should have
      > made that a little more clear in his message. ;)
      >
      > -Andrew Brandon-

      i believe as mentioned the one on the first alignment
      that went arround by u-bet may have had such a curved
      approach. the one where rollins dam is now was,
      (still standing when i was in high school (in colfax),
      though the rails were of course long gone) as also
      mentioned streight as an arrow. there was, if my
      memory isn't messing with me, someting of a curve
      through a cutting on the nevada county side on the
      right of way. on the placer county side the right of
      way ran pretty much streight from the other iron
      bridge, the one that had been accross old highway 40,
      since filled when the dam was being built to bring the
      road, (no longer the highway, freeway 80 had been
      pushed through by then) up to where it would be above
      the level of the lake when the dam filled as you see
      it now. last i was by at least one of the abutments
      if not both were still in place but that's been a
      while.

      both bridges (on the final alignment) were of course
      themselves streight. if ken yeo's still arround, i
      know he saw them when there was still rails on them.
      as did al phelps who shot some movie footage.

      =^^=
      .../\...

      http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic