253Mail delivery failed: User unknown

  • rjaggi@yahoo.com
    Oct 13, 2003
      --- Some of the following intended recipients had permanent fatal errors ---

      NCNGRR@...

      --- Transcript of session follows ---

      .. while talking to mail.eta.earthstop.net:
      >>> RCPT To:NCNGRR@...
      <<< 550 relaying to NCNGRR@...... prohibited by administrator
      550 NCNGRR@...... User unknown

      Reporting-MTA: dns; mail.eta.earthstop.net
      Received-From-MTA: DNS; dsl.lifespring.com
      Arrival-Date: 10/13/03

      Final-Recipient: RFC822; NCNGRR@...
      Action: failed
      Remote-MTA: DNS; mail.eta.earthstop.net
      Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 relaying prohibited by administrator
      Last-Attempt-Date: 10/13/03

      Date: 30 Nov 2001 14:36:50 -0000
      From: NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com
      To: NCNGRR@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: <NevadaCoNG> Digest Number 44

      Have you visited or contributed to the FILES or LINKS section yet? Check them out!

      There is 1 message in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Possible @home cable internet interruption Nov 30
      From: "Harry Marnell" <marnells@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 17:23:28 -0800
      From: "Harry Marnell" <marnells@...>
      Subject: Possible @home cable internet interruption Nov 30

      To all my list members who use @home cable internet thru Cox, Comcast or AT&T.

      You're probably aware of the possibility that @home (excite @home) may shut down its service to these cable operators tomorrow (November 30).

      My provider, Cox cable, has no immediate backup plan and is suggesting you plan for a temporary (months?) alternate service. See http://www.cox.com/info/ . Comcast Cable has a very similar message. AT&T cable, however, appears that they may be able to accomodate the problem if it occurs.

      If you're in the Central/Northern California area, I would like to make simply a personal recommendation for a dial-up provider, my long-time service www.snowcrest.net I HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH SNOWCREST, I am only a customer. Their rate is $15 a month for unlimited internet time/email. For $5 a month you can get 100 MB of webspace (my favorite part). I've been a Snowcrest customer since March of 1997, and TWICE I moved into areas where they had no local dialup numbers (Grass Valley & Ferndale); I phoned their office about it, and both times they obtained local dial-up numbers within 2 or 3 DAYS.

      When Cox Cable came along here in Humboldt County, I decided I didn't want to pay for two services and was about to drop Snowcrest (and my $5 hundred megabite webspace), but they told me I could continue to have my email and webspace for just $6 a month, using the cable for my access rather than running up their phone expenses. I've now signed back up for Snowcrest dial-up, just in case.

      I also added another 100 MB to my Snowcrest account, and will be gradually moving ALL my webpages onto Snowcrest whether @home shuts down or not. Will try keep same page names in URL, but with www.snowcrest.net/marnells domain
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic