Re: [NCNCA] HIT and RUN in BERKELEY!!!

  • Jim Feeley
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26 9:26 PM
      Here's a link to the YouTube video that starts about 10 seconds before the car hits the cyclists:

      http://youtu.be/h3LatOGCWVc?t=2m30s

      Note the YouTube comment from Ted Fisher that says:
      "License plate is 3LTK904, verified with CA smog lookup. 1995 Acura Integra."

      I'll guess eventually the time of the crash will be compared to the cell phone records of the car's driver.

      Looks like the two riders are OK...hope that's actually the case.

      Jim Feeley
      jfeeley@...

      On Apr 26, 2012, at 9:12 PM, mckinley wrote:

      > This is a video clip of a road I frequent a lot in Berkeley where 2 cyclists got hit and run. Look at 2:30 this is where the hit occurs. I wanted to know if there's any way of enhancing the footage, slowing it down and zooming in you can see the license plate but it's a bit out of focus. I know it's a long shot, I just really feel for these guys. I sure hope there ok! That could have been any of us! They posted this on You Tube not sure how I'd even find them if I figured out who that F****** criminal was.
      >
      > Max Thompson
      > Iron Data Thirsty Bear Cycling Team

    • John Pliska
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 28 2:38 AM
        This is amazing. The video clip surfaces on club emails several days ag, was picked up by the SF Chronicle yesterday, and now an arrest had been reported.

        I don't know if this link will work when the sun rises. Looks like social media triumphs!

        http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2012/04/27/berkeley-hit-run-crash-captured-on-bicyclists-video-camera/