Tuesday Track Racing Sept. 7, 14, and 21

  • Larry Nolan
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2010
      Roadies, 'cross racers, mountain bikers and trackies - the Tuesday Night Track Racing series starts back up again next Tuesday, Sept. 7th.  The series is scheduled for the first 3 Tuesday's of September.

      6pm gates open for registration and warmup
      7pm racing starts
      Scratch races for USA Cycling category 4's and 5's (1st up), category 3's and 4's (2nd up) and then pros, category 1 and 2's
      Points races for USA Cycling category 4's and 5's (1st up), category 3's and 4's (2nd up) and then pros, category 1 and 2's
      9:30pm lights out
      rentals available, upgrade points up for grabs (USA Cycling permit #2010-748), juniors always free

      If we get a promoter for Sept 28 we can hold a session (hint hint).  I will be at elite track nationals.

      Details here: http://www.ridethetrack.com/info_tues.html

      A few reasons to ride the track
      - variety in learning a new cycling discipline
      - September weather!
      - racing under the lights
      - commuting to the track with teammates to beat traffic
      - 100% of your Tuesday Night entry fee ($12) goes back to the track (after officials fees)
      - results posted in a reasonable time (don't expect Ken speed here)
      - coaches and friends can watch and provide feedback on your bike position, position in the field and even your tactics
      - because track racing is fun!

      Thanks for considering the track as your next playground!  Larry Nolan, Tuesday Night Promoter, Early Bird dude, USA Cyclling west coast camp director, Team Specialized Director

    • Larry Nolan
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 7, 2010
        reminder: Tuesday night track racing re-starts tonight...

        Did you miss your workout today because of the long weekend and catching up on work?  Then join us at the track tonight when we race under the lights!

        + if we have more than 24 riders we will split into three groups
        + if we have more than 10 but less than 24 riders we will run two groups (long races!)
        + if we have less than 10 riders we will have a training session, where I will be happy to provide a workout fit to your goals, and feedback after watching you work out.

        Larry Nolan