Assessment Center

  • kbergh22
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 18, 2012
      I am an ENL Path 1 Candidate. I am very familiar with the ENL standards, but how deeply do I need to know the EC Gen standards in order to pass the assessment center? I'm kind of worried about needing to know two entire sets of standards!
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 19, 2012
        no worries!! if you know  your standards you are good!
        i gotta feeling the standards are kinda similar anyway.. good teaching is good teaching right?
        ie. wait time, knowing your students, etc... plus.. they are looking for ENL standards NOT any others... no surprises...

        i 'think' the thing to note is -what is appropriate at what grade level maybe?? and that aspect isnt' even goign to be covered on all the questions...
        for example.. if the sample they give is about 2nd graders.. you wouldn't probably talk about multiplication, diagramming sentences or world war II..
        this just isn't stuff they are expected to do/know at that age... needs to be age appropriate

        students are here.. i have to go!!!!
        sorry..
        if someone else knows.. chime in! :-)

        I am an ENL Path 1 Candidate. I am very familiar with the ENL standards, but how deeply do I need to know the EC Gen standards in order to pass the assessment center? I'm kind of worried about needing to know two entire sets of standards!

      • Kirsten Bergh