Re: [NBTC-ENL] Re: new candidate...working now on entries to complete by march

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 7, 2011
    DUH.. sorry about that.. here is the attachment!

    Message 2 of 7 , Feb 12, 2012
      I'm working on the portfolio entries, too. I've only done Entry 1 and 3. Not sure I can get 2 & 4 done in 7 weeks. Ahhhhhh!

      Message 3 of 7 , Feb 12, 2012
        wow... that is a time crunch.. but keep up your efforts!! you are almost there...

        i'm not sure if i'm giving the right advice.. or what your plan of attack is.. be interested in hearing from others...

        but i would consider selecting one putting more emphasis on the one that you feel better about doing or you
        think you could do a better job at 'passing/achieving'.  that way IF you have to go back and you can be planning
        all year on what/how to do the other one??
        #4 is very different from the others and isn't worth as many points..
        so for example.. if you feel better about doing the video and speaking to it like you just did in # 3,
         then go for that.. and put together something for the #4 just to get some points..
        you never know.. it may be 'good enough' in the end.. but if not
        then think/collect info during the course of next year so that when you redo that part it will be the best ever??
        also keep in mind that i have known many, self included' that bombed on the entries completely and still passed..
        i knew one person who got 1.8 on one of the entries but rocked another so she still passed..
        i got a 2.2 on one and still passed b/c i rocked another.. you just never know...

        spring break is around the corner here.. ours is in march? maybe yours is too and you can
        crank/finalize some of it then??

        good luck.. and of course email  any time! we are on your side! and ready to support however we can..

        I'm working on the portfolio entries, too. I've only done Entry 1 and 3. Not sure I can get 2 & 4 done in 7 weeks. Ahhhhhh!

        --- In NBTC-ENL@yahoogroups.com, "jaime" <jaimestaraitis@...> wrote:

        > hello
        > i am new to the group. i am working now on the 4 entries for the ENL national board certification. i would really appreciate advice and support from the group.
        > where are others in this journey?
        >
        > at the moment, i am trying to choose which video to use.
        > hope to hear more from people over time.
        > thanks.
        > jaime

      • cowpiemommy
        Message 4 of 7 , Feb 12, 2012
          If you've done entry 3, entry 2 will be similar. You can do it! Enrty 4 is just different, but not any harder - more collection of data/evidence of your work though. On another board it was suggested to work on 2 or 3 bullets each evening to help make it to the crunch time. Use your spring break and any snow days (if you have those). Also don't forget to allow time for all of the contextual evidence documents. Make sure you re-read all of the bullets and make sure you addressed each one. Good luck! You can do it!