Re: HELP! Advanced candidate needing guidance...

  • cowpiemommy
    Message 1 of 6 , May 30, 2011
      Hi!
      Try looking up strategies for each of the structures listed: morphemes, phonemes, etc. I found several sites for speech therapists that were helpful. Also there's another Yahoo group which is fairly active try NBPTS_ENL. Several people have come up with practice exercises, just look in the files there.
      Good Luck on your testing! I took mine a few weeks ago. Its all about what you know and do in the classroom! You'll do great!

      Message 2 of 6 , May 30, 2011
        it has been 2 yrs since i took the test...
        and i 'm not sure which  level/cert you are doing...
        if you send me an email w/ the question... maybe i can better point you in a direction...

        Message 3 of 6 , May 30, 2011
          sorry..using my children's computer.. and accidently sent the email..

          anyway.. send me your question you have to answer.. and that will help me point you in a direction..

          you can email me directly at strecker-sayergelene@...
          i leave for vacation w/ no internet or phone.. so IF you can do it today i would  :)

          Try looking up strategies for each of the structures listed: morphemes, phonemes, etc. I found several sites for speech therapists that were helpful. Also there's another Yahoo group which is fairly active try NBPTS_ENL. Several people have come up with practice exercises, just look in the files there.
          Good Luck on your testing! I took mine a few weeks ago. Its all about what you know and do in the classroom! You'll do great!

          --- In NBTC-ENL@yahoogroups.com, "imntnanml" <mccabey@...> wrote:

          > Hi everyone. I see the posts are getting dated, so I hope someone is still out there watching. I am taking my exams June 13th, Linguistic Structure of English and Second Language Acquisition. Any advice one where to find good practice material or suggestions on what I should be reading/researching?
          >
          > Thanks for any bone you can throw me.
          >
          > Mark

        • Mark McCabe
          Message 4 of 6 , May 30, 2011
            Great advice that I will take! Thank you much!!! I printed your email, and I'm taping it on my computer desk as a constant reminder.  My school still has classes the rest of this week and a half a day on Monday.  I hope you are under way on a summer break and hopefully a summer vacation.

            mm

            To: NBTC-ENL@yahoogroups.com
            From: cowpiemommy@...
            Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 18:11:19 +0000

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 7, 2011

              so glad to be of help.. i hope you too SOON will be able to relax for a while ... you deserve and NEED it by this point haahaa
              i´m in costa rica.. couldha touched a sloth today he was sooo close.. but i didn´t yuk!
              good luck to you amigo!!

              let me know how you do... i will be able to ck my email again in a few days when i´m back in the states
              take care

              To: NBTC-ENL@yahoogroups.com
              From: cowpiemommy@...
              Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 18:11:19 +0000