Re: [NBTC-ENL] Re: Books to Study for Assessments

  • Io Ma
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 7, 2013
      g, please send me the frameworks to see how you thought of it b/c i do not know what they really want
      thanks, Jo

      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 7, 2013
        if you want the frameworks email me directly.. and ill send them to you..
        :-)
        gelene (at) rocketmail (dot) com

          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 14, 2013
            one giant paragraph.. and a period whenever my finger fell on that key :-)
            but you can do any of them..

[...]

          • Monica Farris
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 14, 2013
              Do you have 30 mins from the time you start writing or 30 mins from the time you read the prompt?

              Mónica Farris
              "Trust in the Lord with all your heart" Prov. 3:5

[...]

              believed to be clean.
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 14, 2013
                30mins.. starts when they give you the prompts.. it is all automated on computer. or it was.
                prompt shows up... 30mins on clock start to count.. and you read and type :-)

                Message 7 of 16 , May 1, 2016
                  Hello Gelene,

                  Do you still have the frameworks for studying that you were discussing?  They would be helpful for studying.  I am taking the test in 6 weeks.

                  Thank you,
                  Mary Ellen
                  Message 8 of 16 , May 1, 2016
                  sure!!! only thing is that things are changing.. so you have to ck my old questions w/ the new ones..

                  even if they are different.. they might help you figure out how to make your own frames.. well you would have to do that anyway
                  w/ my info.. as you wanna use your own ideas that u use all the time and can speak to w/ ease..

                  Basically what i did was come up w/ ideas/strategies that i do ALLLL the time.. that way you can easily talk to them..
                  then i make sure to incorp ALLL/AS MANY of the standards as possible.. i tk those are in green or yellow on attachments..
                  1- answer questions specifically/don't talk about extra stuff.. keep ONLY to question
                  2- use strategies that you use all the time and can EASILY andd quickly list of why they are great for kids
                  3- make a mneumonic device.. i tk that is on one of these.. so that you can remember to HIT as many key words from the standards as possible
                  when providing explanation/rationale/implication think to these 12 BBBCCCCMMFZL1…
                  build schema and self regulation/metacog
                  build background/framework
                  big/broad picture
                  connect to prior knowledge
                  contextualizes
                  comprehensible input/can negotiate meaning
                  crosses content/domains
                  choice/ownership
                  make it meaning and relevant
                  multiple ops for practice/reinforcement using structure/scaffold to make info move from declarative to automatic
                  feedback
                  zone of PD. To keep expectations high, attainable and inform planning
                  L1
                  There might be MORE to add now.. but this is what i useddd to help me ck to make sure that i covered as much as possible..

                  hope that will make sense.. as you see the attachment!
                  fyi.. i passed all of them using the frameworks.. and i studied often.. BUT i didn't do so well on the terms assessment! funny,.. thougth that one woudl be easier.. not so much for me i guess

                  email w/ questions and good luck! keep studying!! don't let up now! you are almost there!!!!
                  :-D
                  ~g