Exercise #4

  • pinkrosesanddiamonds
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2013
      Hi,

      I was reading the posts about exercise 4, but I'm still a little confused.

      The rubric says that I'm supposed to give "a complete and accurate description of two performance objectives that would support students' academic language development as it relates to the given concept within a specific topic from the given content area," how specific is this?

      At first I thought this meant I was going to have to come up with content specific words, but now I'm thinking that it means more how will I support academic language learning. So, for example, if it was a 6th grade class learning about slavery, I would talk about maybe researching slavery in different parts of the world and writing a report comparing slavery in the US to other countries. I would NOT have to give terms like Emancipation Proclamation Underground Railroad, etc.

      I would greatly appreciate any assistance with interpretations of this prompt.
    • Gelene
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2013
        I'm not at home.  But I'll check out what I have when I get home.
        Let's see if anyone else is out there to add to this
        :-)
        Sent from my iPhone