Re: [NBTC-ENL] Re: Exercise 4 Academic Language

    Message 1 of 7 , May 16, 2012
      egggg-xactly!
      and the topics could be on

      From: revaes411 <revaes411@...>
      To: NBTC-ENL@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 8:00 PM
      Subject: [NBTC-ENL] Re: Exercise 4 Academic Language

      As far as I understand it, the given concept and given topic refer to the scenario that the test prompt will include. So, they will give you a sample grade level and content area and you will come up with the objectives and strategies.

      Good luck!

      --- In NBTC-ENL@yahoogroups.com, "colterville" <colterville@...> wrote:

      > I'm trying to make sense of the following characteristic of a level 4 response to Exercise 4...
      >
      > "a complete and accurate description of two performance objectives that would support
      > students' academic language development as it relates to the given concept within a
      > specific topic from the given content area"
      >
      > I understand what performance objectives that support students' academic language development could be, but what would be some examples of given concept, specific topic and given content?
      >
      > Thanks!

    • Randy Bell
      Message 2 of 7 , May 17, 2012
        thanks!  that's what i was hoping it meant!  i take the test on Saturday!

        As far as I understand it, the given concept and given topic refer to the scenario that the test prompt will include. So, they will give you a sample grade level and content area and you will come up with the objectives and strategies.

        Good luck!

        --- In NBTC-ENL@yahoogroups.com, "colterville" <colterville@...> wrote:

        > I'm trying to make sense of the following characteristic of a level 4 response to Exercise 4...
        >
        > "a complete and accurate description of two performance objectives that would support
        > students' academic language development as it relates to the given concept within a
        > specific topic from the given content area"
        >
        > I understand what performance objectives that support students' academic language development could be, but what would be some examples of given concept, specific topic and given content?
        >
        > Thanks!

      • Gelene
        Message 3 of 7 , May 17, 2012
          Good luck. I'll b thinking of u all.  I know a lot of people r doing it saturday   So u will no be alone:-)

          Sent from my iPhone

          =