Re: [NBTC-ENL] Exercise 4 Academic Language

    Message 1 of 7 , May 16, 2012
      just read asst #4 characteristics & level 4 response again about evidence of a broad knowledge of concepts commen to ALL curric
      when looking at the characgtertics

      "accurate ID of 5 specific (not too broad) and distinct (different) topics to a given concept and content area"
      i think of working backwards..
      content                to concept                to topic
      social studies     cause & effect          various wars??
      not sure if that jogs or helps anything..

      Message 2 of 7 , May 16, 2012
        As far as I understand it, the given concept and given topic refer to the scenario that the test prompt will include. So, they will give you a sample grade level and content area and you will come up with the objectives and strategies.

        Good luck!

        Message 3 of 7 , May 16, 2012
          egggg-xactly!
          and the topics could be on

          As far as I understand it, the given concept and given topic refer to the scenario that the test prompt will include. So, they will give you a sample grade level and content area and you will come up with the objectives and strategies.

          Good luck!

          --- In NBTC-ENL@yahoogroups.com, "colterville" <colterville@...> wrote:

          > I'm trying to make sense of the following characteristic of a level 4 response to Exercise 4...
          >
          > "a complete and accurate description of two performance objectives that would support
          > students' academic language development as it relates to the given concept within a
          > specific topic from the given content area"
          >
          > I understand what performance objectives that support students' academic language development could be, but what would be some examples of given concept, specific topic and given content?
          >
          > Thanks!

        • Randy Bell
          Message 4 of 7 , May 17, 2012
            thanks!  that's what i was hoping it meant!  i take the test on Saturday!

            As far as I understand it, the given concept and given topic refer to the scenario that the test prompt will include. So, they will give you a sample grade level and content area and you will come up with the objectives and strategies.

            Good luck!

            --- In NBTC-ENL@yahoogroups.com, "colterville" <colterville@...> wrote:

            > I'm trying to make sense of the following characteristic of a level 4 response to Exercise 4...
            >
            > "a complete and accurate description of two performance objectives that would support
            > students' academic language development as it relates to the given concept within a
            > specific topic from the given content area"
            >
            > I understand what performance objectives that support students' academic language development could be, but what would be some examples of given concept, specific topic and given content?
            >
            > Thanks!

          • Gelene
            Message 5 of 7 , May 17, 2012
              Good luck. I'll b thinking of u all.  I know a lot of people r doing it saturday   So u will no be alone:-)

              Sent from my iPhone

              =