195NBTC's -

  • gelene@rocketmail.com
    Dec 20, 2013
      Sorry for 2 emails in one day!
      Had to mention I made it in the the National Board Certification Newsletter!

      They linked up my videos on youtube! Fun!!!

      The paragraph & links below are from a new NBTC newsletter that has only been going out for the last 3months... I have to admit, in August I went on a little email campaign to National Boards saying that they need to have a way to promote/share the things that we NBTC teachers are doing after getting certification.

      Anyway... They did & started this Newletter!

      Once you certify you too can be linked on this! Cool right?!
      I was so excited when I opened it this morning & saw they linked my spelling videos
      that I posted over summer. Unfortunately, it is an email, not a website so you can see the whole thing. But here is the first paragraph :-)
      NBCT E-Newsletter December 2013 Edition
      Happy holidays!
      December is always a festive time, but we started our celebrations early with Certification Day on December 17th, announcing the more than 4,000 teachers nationwide who have achieved National Board Certification. Congratulations and welcome to the Class of 2013! We are now over 106,000 strong, working every day to positively impact teaching and learning for millions of students. You can learn more about of the NBCT Class of 2013 in the Highlight section below. We also spent some time learning about the incredible work you're doing across the country and the globe. Some of which includes joining NBCTs in other states in being named Teacher of the Year, creating international challenges for art students, meeting with leaders across the world as an ASCD Emerging Leader, serving as local union presidents, and creating YouTube videos that share techniques to help students improve their spelling. You all never cease to amaze us. Here's to learning more about you and the newest class of NBCTs!

      Sincerely,
      Andrea, Andy, Geneviève, Kim, Kristin, Michaela, Michelle and Patrick
      NBCTs at the National Board

      Had to share :-) Happy Holidays!