136Re: Entry 2

  • Revae Bostwick
    May 22, 2013
      Hello, all!
      I was wondering if anyone out there would be able to offer me some advice.....
      I know the deadline is quickly approaching, but I am working on 3 different interaction papers and only need to submit 1, so I would like someone's opinion as to which one to turn in. None of the lessons are completely wonderful, which is why I am having such a hard time choosing amongst them.

      (1) Shows students exchanging in oral discourse when composing a fairy tale together, but I do not have them using any technology. Students are engaged but there is not much evidence of lesson preparation because they are only using a graphic organizer.

      (2) Shows students using technology as a team to play a game in which they have to select the correct verb and then they use that information to help them write about life cycle stages. During the game there is some discourse and cheering one another on to do well on the questions. Students are engaged.

      (3) Shows students using technology to play the same game as above, but not much discourse takes place. Students use the information gained in the game to edit the fairy tale in #1. Students are not as engaged, but there is more evidence of my lesson preparation and strategy usage.

      I know it is difficult to make a judgment based on the limited information I can give you, but if you could tell me whether you think it is better to show the interaction or to show the preparation/strategies, that would be helpful.  Thank you!

      Sincerely,
      Revae
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic