Re: a good trip

  • Michael David Summers 1.1.3.6.3.12.3.6.4.
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2006
      Hi Karen, enjoyed your story. Very happy the VA stepped up to the
      plate and replaced the head stone. Indiana is quite beautiful in the
      fall.
      Lana & I have been on vacation to El Paso, Alburquerque, Santa Fe,
      Carlsbad Caverns, and Durango CO. So I'm just letting the rest of my
      Blue family members know that I'm back!!!!!!!

      LOL

      Michael & Lana Summers
      1.1.3.6.3.12.3.6.4

      > This group has been kind of quiet lately except for the renewals,
      so
      > I thought I would share a tale of my recent trip to Indiana to do
      > some research. For the first time, I went in search of grave
      > markers for my Blue ancestors. Charles Lewis had told me that a
      few
      > years back, the caretaker of Bryan's Chapel Cemetery in Cambridge
      > City, Indiana had contacted him that the gravestone for Burwell
      Blue
      > (1.5.8.3.8) had broken. So, Charles contacted the VA (since
      Burwell

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2006
        Hi Karen, Just letting you know I enjoyed your story very much. Also,
        I'm very happy the VA stepped up to the plate and replace the Head-
        stone for Burwell Blue.

        Lana & I have been on a short vacation, 8 days and 2600 miles. We
        visited El Paso, Alburquerque, Santa Fe, Carlsbad, Roswell, and
        Durango Colorado. Just letting the rest of my Blue family members
        know that I'm BAAAAAACK!!!!

        LOL

        Michael & Lana Summers
        SATX 1.1.3.6.3.12.3.6.4.