Re: [NARCDC] Capital Campaigns

  • Dennis Hilger
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1 6:57 AM
      Wes:

      To hire a fundraiser for a cap. campaign, you need normally to have a minimum goal of $250,000 to pay for his/her fee.

      On a large capital camp. I do not try manage it myself, since it consumes a huge amount of time if you do it right. All capital camps. should be preceded by a thorough feasibility study to determine if the investments are there. As you probably know, on a capital camp., 80% of the money will come from 20% of the gifters.

      There a books on designing capital comps -- can't find mine.

      Call if you have questions.

      Dennis Hilger
      RC&D Coordinator
      Southern Iowa RC&D
      Creston, Iowa

      641-782-7058, ext.#15 (voice)

      Wes-Tex RC&D wrote:

      Does anyone have resources to share on designing Capital Campaigns for community organizations?  Maybe something online?

      NARCDC is an list server for it RC&D Coordinators, Council members, and Partners.

      National Association Web Page: http://www.RCDnet.org
      For questions or comments email:  NARCDC-owner@yahoogroups.com

      USDA, NRCS, Yahoogroups.com, or NARCDC@yahoogroups.com Members or it's managers are not responsible for the content, nature, or use of this list server by any of it's users, partners, or other use therein.