About Me

  • Heather Marquardt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2013
      I am a student at the University of Wisconsin- Stevens Point, majoring with a Bachelor of Science degree in Soil & Land Management, graduating this December, 2013.  I am currently interning for the Wood County Land Conservation Department in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin.  I have previous experience with the USDA-NRCS for multiple Wisconsin Counties as an Earth-Team Volunteer, Intermittent, and Intern for a period of about 5 years all-together.

      I am posting this because of my immense interest and dedication to natural resources and conservation.  I have briefly worked with RC&D programs through the LCD & NRCS here in central Wisconsin, and their missions and goals are an exact replica of my driven focus and dedication.  I am particularly interested in the preservation of wetlands, and preventing invasive species to promote native species.  Making a difference to positively affect the habitat I occupy is a goal I insist on practicing every day.  To have a job that focuses on not only mine, but surrounding areas, people, and indigenous species alike, is a career goal for me.  I want to experience diversity among the world of conservation, connecting environments together by their differences and why invasives control an area, but are controlled in another.  I want to see the different biological control methods that protect environments from being over-ran by a number of dominant species.  I want to inform local and surrounding residents as to why it is so important to preserve wetlands and how they affect a person’s everyday life.

      I want to do all of this through strong communication; by hosting workshops, seminars, meetings, or even one-on-one partnerships to develop conservation projects.  These are all things that RC&D funds and strives to accomplish, as I can see.

      I am asking for your consideration on making me a part of your RC&D team after my upcoming graduation.  With my long-term goals and passion for conserving our natural resources, motivation for waking up to doing something I love every day, and dedication to ensuring my best educational and professional performance; I would be honored to be considered a part of such an important aspect of future generations and current natural resource issues that are protruding every day.

      Sincerely,
      Heather Marquardt