Re: Membership Bylaws

  • gmessinger@...
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 25, 2013
      Great Question and the timing is essential...

      Update from North Jersey RC&D....

      Even prior to the federal funding elimination April 2011, North Jersey
      RC&D was challenged with the moral dilemna of county representatives
      participating in fundraising activities for the nonprofit. In April 2011
      we amended the By-laws to add at-large members with the anticipation that
      the active county representatives would bring non-governmental persons to
      the table and build up the capacity of board representation to a board
      that could fundraise without any percieved conflict of interest. I am
      happy to report we have 3 at-large members now under the more recently
      revised By-laws, however once the elimination occured the council realized
      that a much larger emphasis on fundraising had to occur.

      Currently- the Council has been working to amend the By-laws for 6 months-
      hte challenge has been how to word the transition of gov't representatives
      (soil conservation district reps and county-freeholder reps) such that
      they still have a very supportive role/involvement as they have been the
      supporters of getting us projects and programs and to helping us be where
      we at today.
      We are working to word the Bylaws so that the County reps are on
      technical committee with some added benefits that other more traditional
      TACs may not have and to bring about the at-large members in such a way
      that we can fundraise or at least have the ability to do so without the
      conflict of interest of the govt folks asking for money or funding.

      I am hoping to get the bylaws fully approved at our next meeting and at
      which time I could share them with the group.

      Thanks again,

      Grace Messinger
      executive Director
      North Jersey RC&D
    • Holly Carlin
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 26, 2013

        I am currently out of the office and will return on May 6th.  If you have an immediate problem, please call the office at the numbers below.

        Thank you.

        Robin Cook

        Holly Carlin CPA

        (435) 649-0909

        (435) 608-6550 fax

        THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED FOR THE USE OF THAT INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVILEGED.  UNLESS YOU ARE THE ADDRESSEE (OR AUTHORIZED TO RECEIVE FOR THE ADDRESSEE), YOU MAY NOT USE, COPY, PRINT OR DISCLOSE TO ANYONE THE MESSAGE OR ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE MESSAGE.  iF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS MESSAGE IN ERROR, PLEASE ADVISE THE SENDER BY REPLY AND DELETE THE MESSAGE. THANK YOU

        IRS CIRCULAR 230 DISCLOSURE:

        TO ENSURE COMPLIANCE WITH REQUIREMENTS IMPOSED BY THE irs, WE INFORM YOU THAT ANY us fEDERAL TAX ADVISCE CONTAINED IN THIS COMMUNICATION (INCLUDING ANY ATTACHMENTS IS NOT INTENDED OR WRITTEN TO BE USED AND IT CAN NOT BE USED FOR THE PURPOSE OF EVADING PENALTIES UNDER THE INTERNAL REVENUE cODE OR (II) PROMOTING MARKETING OR RECOMMENDING TO ANOTHER PARTY ANY TRANSACTION OR MATTER ADDRESSES OR THE COMMUNICATION, YOU SHOULD SEEK ADVICE ON ANY PARTICULAR CIRCUMSTANCES FROM AN INDEPENDENT ADVISOR.  tHE CONTENT OF THIS TRANSMISSION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A PROFESSIONAL SERVICE.  aLWAYS CONSULT WITH A COMPETENT PROFESSIONAL SERVICE PROVIDER FOR ADVICE ON TAX, ACCOUNTING AND OTHER FINANCIAL MATTERS SPECIFIC TO YOUR SITUTION.  iF YOU WISH TO ENGAGE OUR FIRM FOR THIS PURPOSE, PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE.