Re: New USPS Folding Guidelines...

  • Gordon, Andrew
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 20, 2013

      Dear RC&D Friends:

      Our friends at Corporate Press shared the following with us to help us and you save your hard earned resources!

      CHANGE YOUR FOLDS!
      New USPS Folding Infographic

      A few weeks ago, the new postal regulations regarding folding went into effect. They changed the way many direct mail projects need to be designed in order to qualify for the lowest rates.

      The infographic below illustrates examples of bi-folds, tri-folds, double parallel folds and newsletter folds.

      We were told by Corporate Press that they saw an example with a non-profit where their postage would have jumped from $6,000 to $15,000 if the new regulations weren't followed. That's right, the penalty was more than non-profit rates, so it nearly tripled the cost!

      folding

      Hope this helps!

      Andrew Gordon, Executive Director/Counsel

      National Association of RC&D Councils

      444 North Capitol Street, N.W.

      Suite 618

      Washington, D.C. 20001