Our Town Grants for 2012 - National Endowment for the Arts

  • Costolanski, Peter
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2011

      Dear RC&D Community:

      For all Councils interested in community arts projects, the National Endowment for the Arts has just released guidelines for its 2012 Our Towns Grants – please see below for details. The grant program is designed to “support creative placemaking projects that contribute toward the livability of communities and help transform them into lively, beautiful, and sustainable places with the arts at their core.”

      With best regards,

      National Association of RC&D Councils

      444 North Capitol Street, NW

      Suite 345

      Washington, DC 20001

      Phone: 202-434-4780

      Fax: 202-434-4783

      Email: narcdc@...

      Greetings from the National Endowment for the Arts.

      We are pleased to announce that the National Endowment for the Arts has posted the guidelines for 2012 Our Town grants.

      Now in its second year, Our Town supports creative placemaking projects that contribute toward the livability of communities and help transform them into lively, beautiful, and sustainable places with the arts at their core. Our Town will invest in creative and innovative projects in which communities, together with their arts and design organizations and artists, seek to:

      • Improve their quality of life.
      • Encourage creative activity.
      • Create community identity and a sense of place.
      • Revitalize local economies.

      Pending availability of funding, grants will range from $25,000 to $150,000. Projects may include planning, design, and arts engagement activities that reflect a systemic approach to civic development and a persuasive vision for enhanced community vibrancy.

      COMPLETE GUIDELINES: http://arts.gov/grants/apply/OurTown/index.html

      APPLICATION DEADLINE: Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 11:59PM EST

      GRANT AMOUNTS: $25,000, $50,000, $75,000, $100,000, or $150,000

      PERIOD OF SUPPORT: September 1, 2012 through December 31, 2014

      ELIGIBILITY: A partnership between a local government entity and a nonprofit cultural institution is required; additional partners are encouraged.

      FAQs: http://www.arts.gov/grants/apply/OurTown/FAQ.html

      PROGRAM INQUIRIES: Email ot@... to schedule a call with NEA staff

      GRANTS.GOV QUESTIONS: Contact Grants.gov Help Desk at 800-518-4726 or support@...

      NEA staff will be conducting Our Town webinars on Wednesday, January 11 and Tuesday, February 7, 2012 to answer questions and walk applicants through this year's guidelines. Schedule and registration details will be posted on the Our Town guidelines webpage next week.

      For more information on creative placemaking and to view the 51 Our Town grants awarded in 2011, visit http://www.arts.gov/national/ourtown/index.php.

      Please share this opportunity with any organizations or communities that may be interested in applying.

      The National Endowment for the Arts: www.arts.gov