Expanding RC&D boundaries

  • tyeesmomma
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2009
      We are looking to annex two counties into our existing RC&D area. Could anyone share recent applications that have been successfully submitted with us? We would like to see how others approached this. I have followed the directions in the RC&D manual, but they are somewhat vague.

      Thanks!

      Heather Simmons-Rigdon
      RC&D Coordinator, NRCS
      South Central Washington RC&D
    • Crumpecker, Scott - Dexter, MO
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2009
        Contact Ken Berry at Northeast Missouri RC&D, ken.berry@....  They recently added three counties.

        Scott Crumpecker, Coordinator for
        Bootheel Resource Conservation and Development, Inc.

        USDA Service Center
        18450 Ridgeview Ln.
        Dexter, MO  63841
        Phone:  (573) 624-5939 ext. 6

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2009
          Heather,
          Are the counties in another RC&D, or are they not presently covered by an
          RC&D Area?
          Jerry Pearce
          De-Go-La RC&D

          > We are looking to annex two counties into our existing RC&D area. Could
          > anyone share recent applications that have been successfully submitted
          > with us? We would like to see how others approached this. I have
          > followed the directions in the RC&D manual, but they are somewhat vague.
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          > Heather Simmons-Rigdon
          > RC&D Coordinator, NRCS
          > South Central Washington RC&D

        • Charles Anderson
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 2, 2009
            You should be able to do this by submitting a letter of request to the state conservationist and that letter being past onto the national office.  It is a simple process.   Pilot View added on a county a few years ago doing it this way.  Then just update all of your materials, plans, etc.

            Charles Anderson
            Pilot View RC&D
            RC&D Coordinator
            336-750-0522 Office