Re: [NARCDC] FY 2010 Presidential Budget Proposal

  • Roy
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2009
      Truthfully if you approached the president today and asked him where RC&D stands in the 2010 budget he could even answer your question. I think RC&D's problem is closer to home in the system. RC&D 's   problem is either USDA or I hate to say this even NRCS. These are the ones for handing the president our budget proposals. The same rats that we there under George Bush Jr. are still in place.

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2009
        I believe Roy is correct in his statement.  I remember way back when I first started with RC&D under the great communicator.  RC&D was always zero for funding.  Congress always added it back in.  At that time Coordinators were expected to interact with the federal legislator to keep them informed on projects benefiting their constituents. That sole contact was responsible for the funding restoration.  Not anything the agency did.

        Somewhere along the way a certain Chief decided we had too much influence on the program and we slowly loss the ability to do our jobs.  As that happened, RC&D began to fade from the legislators minds and all the work was left up to a Council that had full time jobs elsewhere.

        With over a thousand pages in a federal budget, all the President knows is where to sign.  It is up to each Council to personally contact their federal legislators to get funding - again and again and again.

        Steve Quesenberry
        RC&D Coordinator (Retired)