composting deer carcass

  • Rudolph, Ondine - Hattiesburg, MS
    Message 1 of 2 , May 19, 2008
      Have you worked on a project that composts deer carcass?  If so, who did you partner with and what were the results.

      Please email Joe Doss at:  joe.doss@...

      Thanks,

      JOE DOSS
      USDA NRCS
      Southeast MS RC&D
      113 Fairfield Drive Suite 110
      Hattiesburg, MS  39402
      601-296-1187      (office)
      1-888-645-1187   (toll free)

      601-268-7543      (fax)

    • Malcolm - Gourmet
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2008
        Have you worked on a project that composts deer carcass? If so, who
        did you partner with and what were the results.
        Please email Joe Doss at: joe.doss@...

        ======================================

        Joe, not sure this is relevant, but the Lopez Island mobile slaughter
        system in NW Washington State had a really cool on-farm offal
        composting system... they should be a good source of support on the
        technical side of the composting. This information is four years old,
        but the contact information I have is:

        Bruce Dunlop 360-468-4620 or bruce@...

        Curious, is this for a deer farm, hunter carcasses, or road kill?
        (I do sell a kick butt Roadkill Teriyaki, if you wanted to value-add a
        restaurant to the project;-)

        Interesting project!

        Malcolm Dell
        Clearwater RC&D Council, Idaho