funding opportunity

  • Roberta Jeanquart
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2007
      Dear RC&D Friends:

      In a few short days the NARC&DC, through the financial assistance of the Natural Resources Conservation Service, will be sending out an RFP that will help your RC&D Council's efforts to increase the participation of underrepresented and minority groups in RC&D activities around the Nation.  This RFP will open for 30 days and is for assistance up to $5,000.00 for your RC&D Area projects.  The maximum available for all awards is $25,000.00.

      We are looking for projects that address one or more of the following areas:
      1) Recruitment of new tribal and/or community leaders to participate on RC&D Council boards or committees;
      2) Strengthening relations with underserved communities;
      3) Promoting an active RC&D Membership; and
      4) Financial assistance for RC&D Council projects that meet the needs of the above groups while adhering to the designated elements of the RC&D Program and RC&D Area Plan.

      Good luck to all RC&D Councils wishing to submit a proposal and we look forward to reviewing the great projects you have in the works!

      Sincerely,

      Bobbi Jeanquart
      NARCDC
      robertaj@...

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Finlay, BethAnn - Berlin, VT
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2007
        Hi - I am wondering what government or "official" - if any - designation the tribal groups need to have for us to qualify for this funding? In the Northeast we have bands with no recognition, tribes with state recognition/designation and others have both state and federal recognition.  Thank you.  Beth Ann Finlay, Coordinator - Northern Vermont RC&D

[...]

      • skipper, stephen - Hilo, HI
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 16, 2007
          All,

          Anyone seen the RFP that is mentioned here???  if so, please forward to me for the Big Island RC&D Council..

          Aloha,

          Steve Skipper, Big Island RC&D Coordinator
          Hilo Lagoon Centre Suite 229 - A
          101 Aupuni St., Hilo Hi.. 96720
          Office -(808)933-6996
          Fax - (808)933-6995

[...]