RE: [NARCDC] Greetings and Information from NRCS RC&D National Office

  • Lisa Rowton
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2007

      Norm and all the list server

      Yahoo controls the links that are put into the emails (except www.rcdnet.org).

      Unfortunately, this is the cost of using their "free" service. I am not sure what happened when you clicked on "Visit Your Group" it should have gone to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NARCDC. This is where the link goes when I click on it in your email. When you get to the NARCDC Yahoogroups site you cannot use the different features, "Recent Activity", "Members", etc unless you are registered with Yahoo and Login. (again a cost of this free service) Once you are registered and logged-in, then you have many useful features like a registry of all the emails ever sent to the list, file sharing, etc. I suggest you and everyone not registered do so. It is easy just click on "Sign Up" (NOT "Join this Group" you are already a member of the group) near the top of the page.

      Enter as little information as possible (including not giving them your correct birth date) and you are in. This is all fairly safe as to spam, viruses and such, read the privacy statement. As for the pops ups, set your browser to stop them, its under "Tools" in Internet Explorer. Hope this helps, if you need more information you may email me off-list at: