NRCS/RC&D Council Cooperative Agreements

  • Allen Persinger
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2005
      I am currently without a NRCS Secretary and have heard that some
      councils have entered into a cooperative agreement with NRCS to
      provide financial assistance directly to the the RC&D council in lieu
      of providing a NRCS secretary. I would like to hear back from anyone
      who has done this and would like to know how it has worked out for
      everyone. Also, if you have an example of a cooperative agreement,
      that would be helpful as well.

      Thank you,
      Allen Persinger
      Central Basin RC&D
    • Lisa Rowton
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2005
        Allen, I am one of those Assistants that is paid in part by a grant from
        NRCS. The grant is to help the Council implement it's AREA PLAN not to
        hire an employ. Our grant is for a meager $12,600 and like everything
        else these days we are wondering what will happen next year. This has
        been fine for me as my husband has benefits like insurance. It's been
        great for the Council as I can do those things a Fed. Assistant cannot
        do like write the checks, make deposits, bookkeeping, etc. It has been
        good for NRCS as it's much cheaper for them than having a Fed Assistant.
        Drop me your fax number and I'll fax you the MOA, don't have it
        electronic. Lisa

        Lisa Rowton
        Administrative Assistant
        Jackson Purchase RC&D Foundation, Inc.
        2715 Olivet Church Road
        Paducah, KY 42001
        (270) 534-8054
        (270) 554 -5702
        lisa.rowton@...

        I am currently without a NRCS Secretary and have heard that some
        councils have entered into a cooperative agreement with NRCS to
        provide financial assistance directly to the the RC&D council in lieu
        of providing a NRCS secretary. I would like to hear back from anyone
        who has done this and would like to know how it has worked out for
        everyone. Also, if you have an example of a cooperative agreement,
        that would be helpful as well.

        Thank you,
        Allen Persinger
        Central Basin RC&D

        NARCDC is an list server for it RC&D Coordinators, Council members, and
        Partners.

        National Association Web Page: http://www.RCDnet.org
        To Unsubscribe, send a blank email to:
        For questions or comments email: NARCDC-owner@yahoogroups.com

        USDA, NRCS, Yahoogroups.com, or NARCDC@yahoogroups.com Members or it's
        managers are not responsible for the content, nature, or use of this
        list server by any of it's users, partners, or other use therein.
        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Charles Anderson
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 6, 2005
          This is really the only way to go. Great for the Council and NRCS. Do it
          if you can.

          Charles Anderson
          Pilot View RC&D

          I am currently without a NRCS Secretary and have heard that some councils
          have entered into a cooperative agreement with NRCS to provide financial
          assistance directly to the the RC&D council in lieu of providing a NRCS
          secretary. I would like to hear back from anyone who has done this and
          would like to know how it has worked out for everyone. Also, if you have an
          example of a cooperative agreement, that would be helpful as well.

          Thank you,
          Allen Persinger
          Central Basin RC&D

          low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers.
          http://us.click.yahoo.com/HO7EnA/3MnJAA/E2hLAA/icTolB/TM