Novel partnership idea--Giving Wildlife A Hand Up, Not A Handout

  • M. Pamela Bumsted, Ph.D.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2002
      A recent issue of NeatNetTricks, http://www.NeatNetTricks.com/, steered me towards this site which discusses a novel program in sustainable development and conservation--"Giving Wildlife A Hand Up, Not A Handout"--such as their "Pilot Voucher Program." or "Caribou in the Classroom with Work-Study component"

      Pam

      Giving Wildlife A Hand Up, Not A Handout
      http://www.andyco.com/html/aco_news.html

      To truly lick this nature  thing, we need innovative programs that address the root of the problem. Biohazardous spills and man's encroachment on "fragile" ecosystems are the inevitable outgrowth of our commitment to meeting your energy needs. At ACOIL, we believe it's everyone's responsibility to prepare wildlife for the challenges -- and opportunities -- of the 21st century.

      For more information on ACOIL's environmental initiatives, please visit the ACOIL web site.
      http://www.andyco.com/acoil/acoil_main.html

      ACOIL Begins Pilot Voucher Program.

      ACOIL's Voucher Program
      gives Canadian geese in disadvantaged migratory routes access to dwindling wetlands.
      As habitats for migratory waterfowl dwindle, we at ACOIL see an opportunity to make a difference. Why should disadvantaged Canadian geese settle for substandard wetlands? That's the thinking behind our new pilot program, offering vouchers for geese that want a better environment for themselves and their goslings.

      "There's just not enough wetlands to serve each and every goose that wants one," says Harris. "Our voucher program serves as a fair and equitable way to provide geese of lesser means that chance for a better life."
      707f0e.jpg

      go to the beginning of Andy Stoller's site
      http://www.andyco.com/