[rcandd] thanks

  • Lindyturn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 1999
      Thanks to Bob and Jim for taking the initiative of setting up a new avenue
      for more instant communication. I for one appreciate it. Now, it is up to
      the rest of us to use it and make it work. Wouldn't it be helpful to have
      some scheduled chats around different subjects? For example, I would like to
      participate in a Chat about negotiating an indirect cost rate with a federal
      agency at 3:00 pm eastern time on Friday, Sept. 3. I will be there, and I
      hope that others will be there that have been there, done that and can help
      me do it right. Talk to you then.

      Lindy Turner
      Clinch-Powell RC&D
    • robert johnson
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 1999
        Sounds good Lindy. Encourage your cohorts in TN to join. Bob

        Thanks to Bob and Jim for taking the initiative of setting up a new avenue
        for more instant communication. I for one appreciate it. Now, it is up to
        the rest of us to use it and make it work. Wouldn't it be helpful to have
        some scheduled chats around different subjects? For example, I would like
        participate in a Chat about negotiating an indirect cost rate with a federal
        agency at 3:00 pm eastern time on Friday, Sept. 3. I will be there, and I
        hope that others will be there that have been there, done that and can help
        me do it right. Talk to you then.

        Lindy Turner
        Clinch-Powell RC&D

        Start with up to 150 Points for joining!
        http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/805

        eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/rcandd
      • orecal@cot.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 1999
          oreca-@... wrote:
          Lindy; Why don't you schedule the CHAT on the group calendar with a
          reminder to every one 1 or 2 hours before the scheduled time. Remember
          to set the proper time zone, and when proposing these opportunities try
          to allow (as you did)for participation from some of the distant time
          zones (ie Pacific and further west)

          I have thought that the chat feature would be useful, and considered
          setting an standard time and day to open the network to chat
          opportunites. Say every Monday (or Friday) at 3 PM Eastern time or
          just evry day at 3 PM Eastern, or something. But your idea of a preset
          topic may be more valuable in assuring that some business gets
          discussed and not just chatting for the fun of it (ie. how old are U?
          and what do U like to do? LOL etc.)

          Good idea lets do it!

          Jim Vancura
          Project Coordinator
          Ore-Cal RC&D
          http://www.cot.net/~orecal
          orecal@...
          (530) 397-7463

          original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/rcandd/?start=15
          > Thanks to Bob and Jim for taking the initiative of setting up a new
          avenue
          > for more instant communication. I for one appreciate it. Now, it is
          up to
          > the rest of us to use it and make it work. Wouldn't it be helpful to
          have
          > some scheduled chats around different subjects? For example, I would
          like to
          > participate in a Chat about negotiating an indirect cost rate with a
          federal
          > agency at 3:00 pm eastern time on Friday, Sept. 3. I will be there,
          and I
          > hope that others will be there that have been there, done that and
          can help
          > me do it right. Talk to you then.
          >
          > Lindy Turner
          > Clinch-Powell RC&D
        • Dennis Borchardt
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 1, 1999
            I wanted to add my 2 cents(or is it sence) worth to the thanks comments.
            THANKS is right Lindy. I have not taken the time to respond to all the digest
            or not to digest conversation but this group is what we need. Look forward to
            tuning in on all the fun and good work. Regards and way to go...Dennis Borchardt