7479White House/USDA Summer Food Service Program

  • Gordon, Andrew
    May 12, 2014

      Dear RC&D Friends:

      Below please find information on a White House/USDA call on the Summer Food Service Program.  Please note that space is limited so register early!

      The White House Office of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships and the USDA Center for Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships invite you to join Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack and White House officials for a conference call on Thursday, May 15, at 1:00 PM Eastern Time.

      We would like to thank the faith and community leaders across the country who are working hard to expand the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) to serve more healthy meals to eligible kids and teens this summer.  We will also feature a discussion of best practices in summer meals programs and other helpful information for summer sponsors, sites, and community advocates.

      If you would like to submit a question about the Summer Food Service Program in advance of the call, please send it to collaborate@... by Monday, May 12, at 5:00 PM Eastern time.

      Thank you for your work.  We hope you will be able to join us.

      *This call is off the record and not for press purposes.

      WHEN:

      Date: Thursday, May 15, 2014

      Time: 1:00 PM - 1: 30PM ET

      HOW:

      Space is limited. Please register using the following link: http://ems6.intellor.com?p=600277&do=register&t=1

      * Information you provide the White House through the RSVP may be shared with participating federal government agencies.

      Andrew Gordon, Executive Director/Counsel

      National Association of RC&D Councils

      444 North Capitol Street, N.W.

      Suite 618

      Washington, D.C. 20001