FW: SPSS CaseID : CD/558968 - Customer reproting that Engines are failing.

  • Zotter, E. David
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 5, 2008

      Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

      From: Zotter, E. David
      Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2008 7:31 PM
      To: 'MR Tech Support'
      Cc: 'Leeser, Travis'
      Subject: RE: SPSS CaseID : CD/558968 - Customer reproting that Engines are failing.

      It is my understanding that this topic has been discussed internally at SPSS with product development group of mrInterview/Dimensions.

      In summary:

      Even though under dimensionnet the interview engine is listed in a failed status, it shows available and registered on the web tier via the registeredengines.xml and as well registered via running regintsvr.exe on the application box.

      Is the status in dimensionnet the determining factor on the engine being available or is it a bug that can be ignored until the IISRESET is performed in off hours.

      What I guess I’m looking for is…..  a status update on when this bug might be fixed?   The standard answer seems to always be that it is fixed in a future version that is unreleased.

      Let me know…

      Thanks,

      -David

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 23, 2008
        Hi David,

        What version of dimensions are you seeing this in ?

        Doug

        --- In NADUG@yahoogroups.com, "Zotter, E. David" <david@...> wrote:

        > Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

        Engines are failing.

        > It is my understanding that this topic has been discussed
        internally at SPSS with product development group of
        mrInterview/Dimensions.

        > In summary:
        >
        > Even though under dimensionnet the interview engine is listed in a
        failed status, it shows available and registered on the web tier via
        the registeredengines.xml and as well registered via running
        regintsvr.exe on the application box.

        > Is the status in dimensionnet the determining factor on the engine
        being available or is it a bug that can be ignored until the IISRESET
        is performed in off hours.

        > What I guess I'm looking for is..... a status update on when this
        bug might be fixed? The standard answer seems to always be that it
        is fixed in a future version that is unreleased.

        > Let me know...
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > -David

      • Zotter, E. David
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 23, 2008

          Sorry about that, I guess I left out a critical part of the puzzle.

          We are seeing this with version 4.5….

        • manishkarve
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 27, 2008
            Hi David

            We have running a CATI center with Dimensions 4.5 and this problem
            keeps cropping up intermittently on our servers as well.

            Regards
            Maniish

            --- In NADUG@yahoogroups.com, "Zotter, E. David" <david@...> wrote:

            > Sorry about that, I guess I left out a critical part of the puzzle.
            >
            > We are seeing this with version 4.5....
            >
            > -David

            Behalf Of dporton