ESM, After "TU"...........

  • Joe
    Message 1 of 6 , May 30, 2014
      When I run in single band entries of course like 10 meters you run till there is no more band.

      And towards the end of the band things can get kinda slow true?

      I know how to auto repeat CQ (F1 Key) A nice feature not having to keep hitting the F1 key,,

      But can N1MM be set to auto CQ say after the same amount of CQ repeat delay after the final part of the exchange ya know the "TU" or the "TU QRZ" or whatever you have set up in the F3 slot, that after the "X" delay if you havent started typing in the next call it automatically goes back to the F1 loop?

      Can be done?

      Joe WB9SBD
      --
      Sig
      The Original Rolling Ball Clock
      Message 2 of 6 , May 30, 2014
        All you need to do is hit Enter to trigger this process.

        73,

        Bob W5OV

        When I run in single band entries of course like 10 meters you run till
        there is no more band.

        And towards the end of the band things can get kinda slow true?

        I know how to auto repeat CQ (F1 Key) A nice feature not having to keep
        hitting the F1 key,,

        But can N1MM be set to auto CQ say after the same amount of CQ repeat delay
        after the final part of the exchange ya know the "TU" or the "TU QRZ" or
        whatever you have set up in the F3 slot, that after the "X" delay if you
        havent started typing in the next call it automatically goes back to the F1
        loop?

        Can be done?

        Joe WB9SBD

        --

        The Original Rolling Ball Clock
        Idle Tyme
        Idle-Tyme.com
        <http://www.idle-tyme.com> http://www.idle-tyme.com

      • Joe

          Message 4 of 6 , May 30, 2014
            Pressing the Enter key keeps you awake during slow times.

            73,
            Steve, N2IC

            On 05/30/2014 07:33 AM, Joe nss@... [N1MMLogger] wrote:
            > Well yeah that's close. But ya still have to hit enter to make it
            > happen, so same as hitting F1 again to start it back up.
            >
            > What I was hoping for is after N1MM sends F3 that after the delay is
            > done that it automatically starts up F1 again.
            >
            > Joe WB9SBD
            >
            > The Original Rolling Ball Clock
            > Idle Tyme
            > Idle-Tyme.com
            > http://www.idle-tyme.com
            > On 5/30/2014 8:07 AM, 'Bob Naumann' W5OV@... [N1MMLogger] wrote:
            >> All you need to do is hit Enter to trigger this process.
            >>

            >> 73,
            >>

            >> Bob W5OV

          • Joe

              When I run in single band entries of course like 10 meters you run till
              there is no more band.

              And towards the end of the band things can get kinda slow true?

              I know how to auto repeat CQ (F1 Key) A nice feature not having to keep
              hitting the F1 key,,

              But can N1MM be set to auto CQ say after the same amount of CQ repeat delay
              after the final part of the exchange ya know the "TU" or the "TU QRZ" or
              whatever you have set up in the F3 slot, that after the "X" delay if you
              havent started typing in the next call it automatically goes back to the F1
              loop?

              Can be done?

              Joe WB9SBD

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  N1MMLogger-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  N1MMLogger-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            • bob_naumann
              Message 6 of 6 , May 30, 2014
                While you think this would be a help, it will not be.

                Q: Why?

                A: The first time someone begins to call you after a completed QSO and you
                don't start typing his callsign immediately, the timer will start calling
                CQ and you'll have to interrupt this timer-driven CQ and then ask the
                caller to repeat his callsign. A complete waste of time.

                It's much easier to use ESM as it is designed and intended and just Hit
                Enter to initiate another CQ sequence.

                After all, what else are you doing that you're so busy that you can't just
                hit Enter?

                73,

                Bob W5OV