Yaesu FT-1000MP and voice keyer problem.

  • jeff29754
    Message 1 of 13 , May 25, 2014

      Hi guys, i'm desperate to get the voice keyer working with my FT-1000MP (not mk5 or field). I have the Tigertronics Signalink USB connected to the Packet socket at the back and would like to use the voice-key using it. However if i have to disconnect the interface to be able to do it, i will.

      What i'd like to know is how to get this facility working with my radio, with or without the Signalink, and without buying/making a voice keyer box. So if anyone can help me out, i'd very much appreciate it.

      Thanks in advance.

      73 Jeff M1BCM

    • Joe Subich, W4TV
      Message 2 of 13 , May 25, 2014
        The Packet jack is not active in USB/LSB/FM/AM. If you
        expect to use signalink for DVK you will need to connect
        to either the mic jack or the DVS-2 jack. I don't know
        if Tigertronics provides connection information for the
        DVS-2 jack - you will need to contact them.

        73,

        ... Joe, W4TV

        On 2014-05-25 4:13 PM, jeff.worthing@... [N1MMLogger] wrote:
        > Hi guys, i'm desperate to get the voice keyer working with my FT-1000MP (not mk5 or field). I have the Tigertronics Signalink USB connected to the Packet socket at the back and would like to use the voice-key using it. However if i have to disconnect the interface to be able to do it, i will.
        >

        > What i'd like to know is how to get this facility working with my radio, with or without the Signalink, and without buying/making a voice keyer box. So if anyone can help me out, i'd very much appreciate it.
        >

        > Thanks in advance.
        >

        > 73 Jeff M1BCM

      • Pete Smith N4ZR
        Message 3 of 13 , May 25, 2014
          Jeff, take a look at  <http://n1mm.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php?page=Interfacing+Basics&structure=N1MM+Logger+Documentation#Phone_Interfacing>.  You essentially set up your Signalink as the sound card to use with N1MM, and tell your MP to look for audio on the packet port.  Should be no problem.
          73, Pete N4ZR
          Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
          http://reversebeacon.net,
          blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.
          For spots, please go to your favorite
          ARC V6 or VE7CC DX cluster node.

          Message 4 of 13 , May 25, 2014
            Hi Pete, ".. tell your MP to look for audio on the packet port" ? ... how ? As far as i know, there's no audio output from the packet socket.; I'll check out the link you sent me.

            Jeff M1BCM
          • jeff29754
            Message 5 of 13 , May 25, 2014
              Hi Joe, that's what i thought about the packet jack, good idea about the DVS-2 jack. How about if i took the Signalink out of line, what would the connections be ? .. pc audio out to patch ( i think the mic has to be disconnected for that to work).

              Jeff M1BCM
            • Joe Subich, W4TV
              Message 6 of 13 , May 25, 2014
                Yes, if the MP has a patch jack you can attach audio from any sound
                card there - even the Signalink. You will need to adjust the sound
                card level carefully since sound card audio will be adjusted at the
                same time as the mic (mic gain).

                73,

                ... Joe, W4TV

                On 2014-05-25 7:54 PM, jeff.worthing@... [N1MMLogger] wrote:
                > Hi Joe, that's what i thought about the packet jack, good idea about the DVS-2 jack. How about if i took the Signalink out of line, what would the connections be ? .. pc audio out to patch ( i think the mic has to be disconnected for that to work).
                >
                > Jeff M1BCM

              • Pete Smith N4ZR

                  Message 8 of 13 , May 25, 2014
                    It does'nt Pete, there's no audio available on the packet, think the only solutions are to wire it up to the DVS-2 socket or make/buy a dedicated voice-keyer. Thanks anyway Pete.

                    73 Jeff M1BCM
                  • Pete Smith N4ZR

                      Message 10 of 13 , May 26, 2014
                        Pete,

                        On 2014-05-26 6:40 AM, Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr@... [N1MMLogger]
                        wrote:
                        > Do you mean you can't get audio in from the Packet jack, because of a
                        > 1000mp limitation?

                        That is correct. In the FT-990, FT-1000D, FT-1000MP, MK V, Field,
                        FT-8x7, etc, Audio from the PKT or DATA jack is only active when the
                        transceiver is in PKT (or DATA) mode.

                        73,

                        ... Joe, W4TV

                        On 2014-05-26 6:40 AM, Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr@... [N1MMLogger]
                        wrote:
                        > Do you mean you can't get audio in from the Packet jack, because of a
                        > 1000mp limitation? Or that there is no audio being delivered there by
                        > the Signalink. The first sounds implausible, and the second may simply
                        > need configuration changes, though if it works with digital modes it
                        > should work for phone.
                        >
                        > N1MM's implementation of voice keying via soundcard (or signalink) is so
                        > much superior to any outboard voice keyer that I urge you to keep
                        > working on it!
                        >
                        > 73, Pete N4ZR
                        > Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
                        > http://reversebeacon.net,
                        > blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.
                        > For spots, please go to your favorite
                        > ARC V6 or VE7CC DX cluster node.
                        >
                        > On 5/25/2014 9:47 PM, jeff.worthing@... [N1MMLogger] wrote:
                        >>

                        >> It does'nt Pete, there's no audio available on the packet, think the
                        >> only solutions are to wire it up to the DVS-2 socket or make/buy a
                        >> dedicated voice-keyer. Thanks anyway Pete.
                        >>
                        >> 73 Jeff M1BCM

                      • jeff29754
                        Message 11 of 13 , May 26, 2014
                          Pete, Joe explained it much better than i did or can, at the moment i'm looking into making up a cable between the Signalink and DVS-2 socket on the back of the radio.

                          Jeff M1BCM
                        • Pete Smith N4ZR

                            Message 13 of 13 , May 26, 2014
                              Thanks for your input Pete, i'm looking now to see if anyone makes a cable to connect the Signalink to the DVS-2 socket. Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

                              Jeff M1BCM