How to chage default frequency?

  • k2hat
    Message 1 of 7 , May 24, 2014

      I used the n1mm program for the first time, and had to manually edit the frequency for every contact,

      that I made as W1AW/2.

      how can I change the default frequency to the correct one to start with?I can not find anything in the help files

      to help me with this. :(

      I normally use the N3FJP logging programs and that makes it easy to change to the correct band and mode.

      Thanks, tough trying a different program for the first time. At least my antivirus program did not lock up the computer this time around.

      73 K2HAT Lee

    • John Bednar
      Message 2 of 7 , May 24, 2014
        Lee,

        Not necessary to change the frequency and mode for every RUN QSO with N1MM
        Logger.

        Enter the Frequency in the EntryWindow Callsign box in kHz (14200) and
        press Enter.

        Enter the Mode in the EntryWindow Callsign box and press Enter (SSB, USB,
        LSB, CW, RTTY, PSK).

        If you interface the radio, this will be automatic.

        John, K3CT

        Message 3 of 7 , May 24, 2014
          Type the frequency, in khz in the entry window (same if you need to change the mode).

          Les, G4OGB

          Message 4 of 7 , May 24, 2014
            Hi Lee

            If you connect your radio to the computer, N1MM will read the frequency from the radio.  I am assuming that is not the case with you.

            In the entry window, just type in the frequency you are operating on.  Lets assume 21250.  All contacts will now be logged on 21250 until you manually enter a new frequency in the entry window.
            You can also type CW SSB or RTTY in the entry window to change modes.

            If your radio was connected, typing a frequency into the entry window will cause your radio to change frequency.

            Hope this helps.

            Tom - VE3CX

            On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 7:29 AM, k2hat@... [N1MMLogger] <N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            I used the n1mm program for the first time, and had to manually edit the frequency for every contact,

            that I made as W1AW/2.

            how can I change the default frequency to the correct one to start with?I can not find anything in the help files

            to help me with this. :(

            I normally use the N3FJP logging programs and that makes it easy to change to the correct band and mode.

            Thanks, tough trying a different program for the first time. At least my antivirus program did not lock up the computer this time around.

            73 K2HAT Lee

          • Pete Smith N4ZR
            Message 5 of 7 , May 24, 2014
              It sounds like N1MM Logger has never been set up to interface with the K3.  To do that, go to "Config> Configure ports,other", Find the serial port that is connected to the K3, Select the K3 as the radio on that port, and adjust the default comm parameters as need to match the radio's settings.  That's all there is to it.
              73, Pete N4ZR
              Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
              http://reversebeacon.net,
              blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.
              For spots, please go to your favorite
              ARC V6 or VE7CC DX cluster node.

              On 5/24/2014 9:33 AM, k2hat@... [N1MMLogger] wrote:
              My K3 is interfaced with my computer, but I guess the n1mm program did not know that.

              The N3FJP Program follows the radio, but if it did not, that log program makes it easy to change modes
              and bands. I did not even need to read directions to figure That out.

              Sorry to waste your time.

              73 K2HAT

            • John Bednar
              Message 6 of 7 , May 24, 2014
                Lee,

                It will work after you configure your radio COM port.

                John, K3CT

                Message 7 of 7 , May 25, 2014
                  Thanks for the help folks. Com 4 is what my setup was.

                  Hard for me, to use a new program, when the brain is not as fast as it once was.

                  73 K2HAT Lee